Tuesday 13 July 2010

Project 28- Intimate Landscape.

For this project you were asked to produce intimate landscapes, by this it means more the details within a landscape an not the full blown image from ground to horizon and the sky above.






For the first three shots above what i tried looking at are very small things that would appear that tiny within a more normally frame photo that you'd hardly notice or would be completely over looked. What i do find is that at this kind of scale is that colours become very important, by this i mean that you could end up with a large solid mass that wouldn't make that good a shot but by breaking it up with either contrasting or complementary colours as I've done above you find that its not as constraining as you may think.








With the two shots above I've tried using slow shutter speeds combined with flowing water to create quiet different effects but still work as a intimate shot.







With this project it helps you to focus more on the little details that sometimes you'll over look, what i found myself doing was studying an area instead of just looking at the obvious points of interest I'd go further by looking the scene from a different point of view. I say its been a different project but maybe I've found it not very interesting compared to others in this section, maybe I've just miss the point.